Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Business

What a busy day I had. This morning was filled with Easter readiness. I had to finalize our plans for tomorrow. Then I took the kids to the Easter party at church. When you attend a large church like we do, these parties are more like mega-parties. There was a petting zoo, cookie decorating (and eating, of course), one of those air filled obstacle courses, and of course the infamous egg hunt. There were at least 1,000 people there, so we only stayed long enough to do each activity once. This still took over an hour to accomplish. I was definitely ready to head home.

Now that I know I'll be leaving for Lori's (my sister) on Wednesday with the two kiddos, I'm in the planning process for both school and packing. I'm a little intimidated about riding on the Amtrak train for the first time with two kids and way too much luggage. I'm an overpacker as it is then add in school books and I hope I don't forget one of my children at home. I'll be making plenty of lists to prepare.

I then had to go to Goodwill and the grocery store to pick up a few things. After dealing with a ton of traffic and returning home, I realized I needed to run to the teacher supply store. Thankfully, it's only about 5 minutes from my house.

Cooking, laundry, beginning stages of packing, playing with kids, trying not to completely ignore my hubby, more school planning, laundry again, cleaning, etc. That was my day in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to my day of rest.

No comments: