Monday, July 21, 2008

Nathan's Birthday Party

We celebrated Nathan's 10th birthday this past weekend with a slumber party. I don't know why they call it that. Very little slumbering actually took place. Here's a photo diary of the party. Unfortunately since I was in charge of the events and the camera, I missed some good photos. My mother told me to take lots of pictures so here are lots of pictures.

The garage pre-party.

Table for 8, although we ended up with 11.

The gift table.

The slip 'n' slide was popular in the beginning.


Katie had fun in the water with the boys.



A few boys preferred rough housing to playing in the water.


We did a water bomb toss and ended it with a full blown water balloon fight.


Look out!



More slip 'n' slide fun.

Look at that arm!


Katie wasn't going to let the boys have all of the fun.



Here's a good action shot.

I had eight boys at this point. They decided to show off their muscles for the camera.


What a bunch of goof balls.



After the water fun, the boys played some hoops.


This is the worst picture of Katie I have ever seen. It looks like she's growing a mustache. Oh well.


Some boys were playing football and others were playing ladder golf.


Next, we ate and played some more. I don't have many pictures of that. Here is Katie eating a cupcake in the kitchen when she thought no one was looking.

Katie cleaning up after dinner. My little helper:)

More basketball.


Nathan and Katie grabbing seconds on dinner. You'd think I never feed these kids with the way they eat.

Katie decided to take a break on the couch while watching the boys play. Next, we held two tournaments at the same time. I ran a basketball golf tournament outside while Ken ran a Wii bowling tournament. The winner of the tournaments each won door prizes. One chose a disk shooter while the other chose a whoopie cushion.
After the two tournaments, the boys played sharks and minnows, hot potato, and limbo. The winner of the games won a rubber baseball, a water bomb football, and a pack of baseball cards. At this point in was getting dark. The boys were so loud, you could here them at the other end of the subdivision. Oh my! I feel sorry for my neighbors.

Some MORE late night basketball.



A little visitor stopped by for a few minutes to see his big brother.

Here are some shots of the Wii tournament.



A friend stuffing a cupcake in his mouth.

Finally time to settle down for a movie. They have popcorn in those red cups.


Still posing for the camera. They were wired and it was about midnight.



They finally fell asleep at about 2:30-3:00am. Not before watching two movies, playing hide and seek, and having a popcorn fight. Oh, I was NOT happy about that one.

Do you SEE my carpet?? This is the next morning.


I made breakfast and had to wake them up so that they'd eat. They were wound up again for another 2 hours before I sent them all home. I was never so happy for 9am to roll around. I was exhausted. I spent the rest of the morning napping and cleaning. Overall, the party was a success and the boys had a good time. No more parties for a loooong time.

No comments: