Sunday, July 6, 2008

Does the Planning Ever Stop??

I guess the planning stops when the teaching begins. Since I still have two months to go, I guess I'll be at it for a while.

Here are Nathan's school books. I took this picture about a month ago. I decided to drop the Spelling Power book and pick up Spelling by Scope and Sequence by Rod and Staff. I just love their stuff so much. I also added Handwriting Without Tears Cursive grades 3 & 4 to help build up his handwriting skills. This is the best handwriting program for those with poor fine motor skills. After the first semester, he can begin writing his assignments in cursive. I'll also be purchasing the next book in Math-U-See because Nathan is flying through Delta (division) and will be ready for Epsilon (fractions) by the beginning of the school year.

Here are some of the books we'll be using for reading. I keep finding great deals on good books at Goodwill so I'll often pick up a dozen or so for about $8.00. You can't beat that kind of price.

Here are Katie's books for next year. Most of hers are read alouds. The main part of her curriculum is actually hiding in the top left corner. I'll be using Little Hands to Heaven with the Children's Bible to the left of that. For phonics, we'll be using Explode the Code (A,B, and C) and Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons.
Right now I'm preparing for Nathan's birthday party. We are planning on about a dozen boys, so I'm a little overwhelmed. After the party, I have to get my plans ready to stay at my parents house for about a month. When I get home, it will be time to start school. Then I'll be wishing I had more time to relax.

No comments: