Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Birthday Boy and Event Planner

Nathan is my birthday boy today. He's made it to double digits, although there were days when I didn't think it would ever come. Looking back over the years, I see how very far we've come in ten years. I was admittedly very young and stupid when he was born. He was a bundle of joy. He forced me to grow up as we battled his early years of ADHD. I realized that I needed to stick up for this tiny child, because too often others would try to tear him down. As he has grown and matured, I can see the young man that he is becoming. My prayer for him is 2 Timothy 2:15 "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."

On a much lighter note, Katie is my little event planner. She LOVES to plans events, even though they are all pretend. She wants to invite her friends and family to events such as her wedding (to her brother), her birthday party (she was upset that she didn't turn 5 today), and to her paper lantern party (whatever that is.) She will set up decorations, plan food, games, and make invitations. She even picked flowers for her wedding. I just love the imagination and creativity at this age.

I almost forgot, Nathan has a girl that is crazy about him. Aaaaahhhhh! No, not yet. He's too young. Thankfully Nathan is still running away from this girl who calls him her boyfriend. I have Preparing for Adolescence, Boyhood and Beyond devotional, and Learning About Sex: A Series for the Christian Family. Time to crack open the books. Yes, I know that everything isn't taught in a book, but they can help lead to conversations. Pray for my sanity!

No comments: