Friday, May 2, 2008

Recent Events

I know it's been a long time since I've blogged. Depression has really gotten the best of me over the past month and I don't feel like doing much out of the regular day-to-day. Anything extra is out of the question unless my family encourages me with a swift kick in the tush.



Here are a few of the things I've been doing or dealing with lately. First, I'm trying really hard to lose some weight. I cannot completely blame the meds. or my illness for my weight gain, but they do play a role. I'm currently doing the Atkins diet to work on losing at least 25 lbs. I'm down 5 lbs. so far. I'm not crazy about the diet, but it seems to help me get the weight off without thinking too much about the food I eat. I was just given 8 large garbage bags filled with clothes for about 2 sizes smaller so I must lose the weight to try on all the new clothes. Yeah! Nothing like new clothes to help me stick to a diet.



We have been trying to get outside on the nice days lately. Here are some pics of the kids at the park near our house. We have plans to get together with other families over the summer to go to the park together also. I think it's important to keep Nathan and Katie in touch with their homeschool friends throughout the summer.



Katie gravitates toward the sand as usual.



Why do kids like to climb the slides so much?


Nate on the far side of the park at the basketball hoop. Thankfully we have a hoop at home because this area is usually ruled by the high school boys. He likes to play here while they're in school.


We also went to our first baseball game of the season. It was actually a doubleheader because they were rained out the night before. It was very windy and a tad cold, but we had fun anyway.

Nate was given a ball by one of the coaches during their warm up.



Katie loves to wear my sunglasses. She's so cheesy!



The Cougars won the first game.


They lost the second.
The end of a school year means a slow down in activities. One of our co-ops ended last week and our other co-op ends tomorrow. We have a final get together and the children receive end of the year certificates. Awanas finished with an awards night. Both Nathan and Katie received awards for finishing a book. Katie learned 25 verses this year and Nathan learned over 100 verses. Nathan also was given McDonald's bucks for learning the most verses out of his fourth grade boys class.
I'm hopefully creeping out of my funk that I've been in lately. I pray daily for God to continue to heal me and help me each day to do my best. There are days where my best is homeschooling, cleaning house, playing with the kids, running errands, and having dinner on the table when Ken gets home. There are also days where getting out of bed, reading with the kids, brushing my hair, getting dressed, and ordering pizza is about the best I can do. I'm lucky to have such a supportive family that looks out for me and helps me through the rough patches.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Angel,
There is nothing like a wonderful family. You have a great husband and wonderful children that love you unconditionally. You are so blessed.

Mom & I love you too.

Dad