Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Great Websites

I've been cleaning out my list of favorite websites so that I can find what it is that I really like. Sometimes I add sites into "my favorites" so that I can go back to them later. When I do finally get back to them, I can't remember why I put them there to begin with. Well, I added some new sites and found some old favorites that I will be using more often. Here are a few that I highly recommend for fellow homeschoolers.



LearningPage.com~This is a great website for the early elementary age. Membership is free and they have great unit studies with plenty of worksheets.



Storyline Online~I love this website and so do both of my children. Are there ever those days when you just don't have time to sit down and read a good book to your kids? How about setting them at the computer and letting some famous person (some of whom I don't know) read them a story. You can choose from 21 picture books. There are some great books such as Stellaluna and The Polar Express.



Sheppard Software~This is a website I definitely plan to use for the upcoming school year. Although they offer many different subjects, I especially like their geography. You can study the United States, another country, or the entire world. If you wanted to learn where all of the states are, you could use the tutorial. Then once you feel you know them better, take the beginner quiz. The quizzes get harder until you are an expert on the states. They also have this option for the countries, capitals, topographical regions, oceans and continents, etc. I think we'll have a fun year of geography with this tool.

Explorer Bible Study~You can sign up for free and receive 30 weeks of bible lessons for preschool through high school. I just signed up and printed out this week's lesson for both of the kids. They will be studying the same thing at their own level. Each week, just visit the website to download the next lesson. It's as easy as that.

Have fun checking out the different websites, and let me know your favorites.

No comments: