Thursday, May 15, 2008

I hate dieting!

I really hate it. I've been doing horribly at it as well. Lately it seems that Ken and I start a new diet everyday. It's not that we have less will power than previous attempts. It's just that we are so tired of dieting. Losing weight and keeping it off just don't come easily for us.

Maybe I'll change the focus off of losing weight and onto eating healthier. I know that the two should go hand-in-hand, but sometimes the scale takes over and all you can concentrate on are the numbers. If you go up half a pound, you feel defeated. I wish I could convince Ken that green food is not his enemy. Unfortunately, he wasn't expected to eat them as a child and I doubt I'll ever change that.

I'm just hoping that something will click, and the desire to lose will win over the desire to eat.

On the homeschooling front, I filled out my schedule for finishing this year's school books. Since I stopped homeschooling for a few months while sick, I am now behind in all subjects. I started with 80 days left which would take us all the way through August and into September. That means we would have absolutely no break. I was able to condense the work (more per day) to get it down to 50 more days of school. Basically when we finish one book, we double up on another. Since we'll finish our science book first, we'll start reading two history lessons a day. When those are finished, we will do 3 pages of grammar a day. My goal is to finish our history, science, grammar, and Chronicles of Narnia books. During this time, we will continue with Bible, math, reading, spelling, and handwriting.

It's nice to see the finish line, even if it still seems far away. I have a goal to work toward. Thankfully homeschooling is not a sprint, but a marathon. This allows for plenty of wiggle room for our human errors and personal plights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm having a hard time as well (with the dieting, I mean). I'm having to come to grips with the idea that no, I'm not happy where I am (in regards to size), but it just can't be my focus - otherwise, I'm completely unhappy and frustrated 24/7.

So we are trying to eat healthier (with our few new *rules*) without looking at the scale for now. Small changes that are DO-able. Like exercising 3x's a week (I'm trying). Drinking more water, lemon-water. Trying to be super-careful about what foods I'm bringing into the house. Not too many sweets, more whole foods, etc.

No, I'm not gonna see that huge weight loss like I do if I starve myself - but I just can't live like that anymore. I can't stand the way it makes me feel about myself. I'm just plain ol' tired of feeling down on myself.

Anyways, all that just to say I feel your pain girl.......

Luv, Lori