Monday, November 3, 2008

change of heart

Yes, of course it's been a long time since I blogged. I've been in and out (mostly in) of the hospital for the past few months. Without going into all of the gory details, Nathan ended up in public school. It wasn't my choice. I am dealing with a lot of grief over the decision, but have been having a change of heart. God put Nathan in public school for a reason. I know this for sure because no one wanted Nathan in public school. He's doing great. He already had three friends in his class before meeting the other children. He is in either the average or high level classes. Yet I still grieve the decision and see it as a failure of mine. I know, I know. I shouldn't view it as such but I do.

I still plan to homeschool Katie this year. We haven't started back up yet because I'm still trying to get my life back in order and get stabilized on my meds. I am looking forward to doing Little Hearts to Heaven by Heart of Dakota with her. It's a fun program. We did one week before being hospitalized and we had a blast.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angel,

Sometimes we have to leave things in God's hands to work out all of the details. Remember he will not abandon us, especially during our time of trial. You need to get your life back in order. With God, with your husband, with your children and with yourself. Mom and I have been and will continue to pray for you.

We love you and know that this is a difficult time for you. But be strong and faithful. Remember we love our Shari. We don't see you as a failure, but rather God has other plans for you. You are a good teacher for Nathan and for Katie. But for now, public school does appear to be the best for Nathan at this time. Don't be so critical of yourself.

Here's some good advice. Read your bible daily, even if its just a verse or two. It will help you. Read the Psalms. Read Proverbs Chapter 3, verse 5-6. This verse helps me every day.

Love,

Dad